Sunday, December 16, 2012

Modern Transcendentalist


   Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, also known as Lady GaGa, is a modern transcendentalist. She is mainly known for her pop music, but her persona goes so much farther than that. She values imagination and intuition over reason and logic. "Art is, and cool is, and fashion is, what you say it is. I said "I am the fame. I am art. I am GaGa. My music is fantastic. And it became true."(Lady GaGa) Her carefree personality and music express this idea. She is a "right brain" person who puts creativity over what is the "proper" thing to do.      

Lady GaGa is not one to be held back by the standards of “proper”. She does not allow society to tell her what to do, and brushes off the criticism of others. She is the best person I know when it comes to the belief in strong individualism and non-conformity. “My fashion is part of who I am. Though I was not born with these clothes on, I was born this way.” (Lady GaGa) She is explaining that it’s not the clothes that make her different, it’s why she wants to wear what she does that makes her different. She is not trying to stand out through her clothes, but rather tell people that this is who she truly is. Her meaningful ideas and lyrics are what appeal to her fans and assure them that it’s okay to be who they really are.      

The belief in human divinity can be thought of in different ways, and I think that in at least some ways, Lady GaGa shows examples of the idea. She puts her money and her mouth toward human rights and cause she believes in. She knows every human being has his or her own life and is special in their own way. "When you're lonely, I'll be lonely too" (Lady GaGa) She saying her fans and herself, will always have each other. That she truly cares for her fans, and understands their importance. That being said, she thinks human are divine creatures that should be treated as equal and be able to live any life they choose.

--All quotes found on posters in my room.





   

No comments:

Post a Comment